4 Minute Read:
Cosmetic surgeries like facelift surgery target wrinkles and skin laxity by tightening the skin and underlying tissue to lift, contour, and shape. A facelift can reduce wrinkles and facial contours, but non-surgical treatments like a chemical peel are your best bet for surface concerns.
Below, we will discuss the benefits of planning your facelift and a chemical peel to experience total facial rejuvenation — from deep structure to surface.
Can a Facelift and a Chemical Peel Be Performed at the Same Time?
The short answer is no — a facelift is a surgical procedure that can be combined with other procedures like a neck lift or upper facial rejuvenation (eyelid surgery or brow lift), but not non-surgical treatments.
In fact, it is not advised to undergo a chemical peel until you have recovered from your facelift.
However, there are many benefits to planning your chemical peel after your facelift procedure. If you suffer from surface-level skin concerns like acne and scarring, large pores, sun damage, and hyperpigmentation, a chemical peel — such as the VI Peel® — can target those issues to give you full-face rejuvenation.
What Are the Benefits of a Facelift?
Facelift surgery targets wrinkles, fine lines, skin laxity, and misshapen or sunken facial contours. During this procedure, your surgeon will make small incisions around the hairline and ear and pull the skin and underlying tissue taut before excising excess skin.
At Inland Breast and Body, you have various options for your facelift procedure, depending on the area and severity of the concern.
- The traditional facelift targets a large area of the face — from the top of the cheeks to the upper neck — to create a more defined contour and minimize wrinkles.
- The mini facelift is ideal for patients with more moderate skin laxity, targeting the lower face and cheeks.
- A standalone neck lift is another option, focusing on excess skin around the neck, making this a great procedure to combine with a facelift or mini facelift.
A facelift can greatly reduce the appearance of wrinkles in one procedure, restructuring the skin, tissue, and underlying muscles.
However, if you have surface-level concerns, you may still be dissatisfied with the appearance of your skin. It may be disheartening to go through facelift surgery to find that you are still self-conscious about acne scars or hyperpigmentation. That’s where a chemical peel can help!
What Are the Benefits of VI Peel®?
A chemical peel is a non-invasive skin resurfacing procedure where a chemical solution is applied to the skin to remove the top layer (or epidermis). They vary in the type of solution used, the depth of exfoliation (epidermis to the dermis), the length of recovery time, and patient comfort level.
The VI Peel® combines the power of more painful procedures with the painlessness of mild ones. That’s right: less pain, more power.
In a 30-minute treatment, you can experience improvements to many surface-level concerns, such as:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sunspots and discoloration
- Keratosis pilaris (chicken skin)
- Acne and acne scarring
Each patient is different; some will need more than one treatment to see advanced improvement, especially if the issues are severe.
As a relatively painless chemical peel, most patients report numbness and tingling during the procedure rather than a burning sensation like with many other peels. Additionally, since the VI Peel® resurfaces the skin, you will experience peeling of the top layer of skin about three days after your treatment. This is normal; once the dead skin falls off, you can reveal your new, glowing skin!
Want to Combine the Facelift and VI Peel®?
While not performed at the same time, you can plan your full-face transformation at Inland Breast and Body in Ontario, California, to get the most out of your facelift and VI Peel®.
It’s a good idea to plan your IV Peel® after entirely recovering from your facelift surgery to minimize complications and discomfort. Discuss your skin goals with your board-certified plastic surgeon to get the best results for your deep-structure and surface-level skin goals.
Want to Learn More About Facelift and IV Peel® in Ontario, CA?
Call us today at (909) 291-4900 or fill out our online contact form to learn more about planning your facial rejuvenation with a facelift and VI Peel® today.
3 Minute Read:
Using a high quality skin care product is the first step in keeping your face, neck, and décolletage looking young and beautiful.
With so many creams and lotions being advertised as the newest and most effective way to tighten, brighten, and minimize wrinkles, it’s hard to know which products will work best for you.
Skin Care Advice You Can Trust
When it comes to trusting recommendations for skin care products that are right for you, there’s no better source than a doctor who understands the effect aging has on the skin.
For this reason, we have put together a list of the best medical-grade skin care options and some other highly-effective treatments recommended by Dr. Troy Andreasen, a well-respected plastic surgeon in Southern California.
Medical-Grade Skin Care Options
Dr. Andreasen recommends the following medical-grade skin care products:
- The SkinMedica® Line – This scientifically formulated product line rejuvenates the skin by promoting the body’s own healing capabilities. SkinMedica®’s restorative ingredients work below the surface to rejuvenate skin from the inside out by reducing the appearance of age spots, discoloration, lines, and wrinkles while improving overall tone, brightness, and elasticity.
Vitamins C and E, retinol, soluble collagen, antioxidants, matrix proteins, and TNS® (a patented blend of growth factors) all work together to restore and support your skin’s health.
- The Obagi Line – Obagi’s clinically proven and technologically advanced prescription skin care products are designed to penetrate deeply into the skin to treat acne, rosacea, hyperpigmentation, premature aging, sun damage, and blemishes.
Obagi includes the following products:
- The Obagi-C® Rx System
- The Condition & Enhance® System
- The CLENZIderm M.D.® Systems
- Blue Peel®
- Blue Peel RADIANCE™
- The Rosaclear™System
- The ELASTIderm® family of products
These customizable prescription-strength skin care products were created to meet unique skin challenges and concerns.
- The Neova Line – Neova became an innovator in clinical skin care when they introduced a copper peptide complex to battle photodamaged skin.
Neova’s award-winning DNA repair formulas offer dramatic results for aging or prematurely aged skin on a cellular level.
These advanced medical-grade skin care lines are exclusively available through participating physicians.
Going Deeper With Doctor-Approved Chemical Peels
The following cosmetic procedures can reveal fresh new skin and correct a number of flaws and blemishes:
- The VI Peel – In the past, the only good chemical peel was a painful chemical peel. Those days are over, and the VI Peel offers dramatic results quickly with little or no downtime.
Effective and safe for any skin type or color. This chemical peel treats melasma, fine lines, sun damage, acne, acne scars, and enlarged pores with excellent results, often with only one treatment. Expect skin flaking and peeling to start three days after your procedure, lasting between one to five days. A quality moisturizer can be used to control this process.
- The Rejuvenation Peel – This superficial peel is effective in fighting the effects of acne, acne scars, aging, sun damage, and melasma.
Milder and safe for all skin types, the Rejuvenation Peel can help you look younger in minutes and involve light to medium flaking and peeling. More dramatic results are achieved after a series of these peels.
Cosmetic Treatments and Medical-Grade Skin Care in Ontario, CA
Want to learn more about medical-grade skin care or advanced chemical peels? Call Dr. Andreasen’s Ontario, California, plastic surgery practice at 909-291-4900 today for your skin care consultation. You can also scroll down to contact us online.
His well-qualified and friendly team is happy to help you!