The eyelids can create an aged look in a number of different ways:
- Extra skin in the upper eyelid causes a saggy, tired, or sad appearance.
- Extra fat in the upper or lower eyelid which can give a puffy appearance to the eyes
- Wrinkles in the lower eyelid develop similarly as seen in other parts of the face. The wrinkles of the lower eyelid are “affectionately” known as the “tear trough”
- Drooping or laxity of the lower eyelid allows the white portion (sclera) of the bottom of the eye to be seen and gives a tired appearance
- The bagginess of the lower eyelid causing the eyes to look “puffy”
Depending on the specific problem with the eyelid, the eyelid lift surgery creates a youthful eye by:
- Removing the extra skin on the upper and lower eyelids
- Removing the fat in either the upper or lower eyelid and thus decreasing the “puffiness” or “bagginess” of the eyes
- Tightening the lower eyelid and therefore correcting the droopiness or tired appearance of the lower eyelids
Contact us today for more information. We are located in the Inland Empire and provide services to nearby cities including Ontario, Riverside and Rancho Cucamonga.