Targeted With Comprehensive Body Treatments
When you are significantly overweight for an extended period of time, your skin becomes stretched out. When you shed the fat, you cannot eliminate the skin with it. Folds of excess skin can be problematic, especially along the abdomen, hips, thighs, and arms. Body contouring removes this extra tissue, helping you feel lighter in the process.
Both men and women can develop laxity of the abdomen and chest. The abdominal muscles stretch with weight gain, leaving a protruding belly even after the weight is lost. Men can also develop looseness in their pectoral area, and women can experience drooping breasts. These areas of laxity prevent both men and women from having an overall fit appearance. Restoring firmness in these areas can help you revitalize your physique after weight loss.
While achieving your new silhouette required you to lose a significant amount of fat, unwanted deposits may remain. These pockets of fat can prevent you from obtaining the body shape or definition you’ve been trying to create in the gym or by reducing your caloric intake. Most body contouring techniques require additional fat removal via liposuction to provide the ideal body shape you’ve been wanting.
Options Following Massive Weight Loss
- A tummy tuck removes excess skin from the abdomen, tightens the abdominal muscles, and repositions the navel. It is considered one of the most common body contouring procedures, and it can help improve the appearance of post-weight loss stretch marks.
- An extended tummy tuck addresses excess skin that exists across the abdomen, hips, and lower back. This more extensive technique may be necessary for patients who have lost dramatic amounts of weight.
Breasts/Chest & Back
- A breast lift helps restore a sagging bustline to a more youthful and attractive position. It elevates drooping nipples and can improve the size of the areolas.
- Chest contouring for men removes excess and loose skin and/or fat to restore the masculine shape and tone of the pectoral area, which may have been affected by weight gain.
- Back roll removal treats fatty deposits along the bra line as well as excess skin. This technique helps restore tone and definition to the back.
- Body lifts can be designed to address the hips, buttocks, and thighs. A lower body lift will improve sagging in all three areas for a new, slimmer appearance.
- A thigh lift targets the outer, inner, or both parts of the thigh to eliminate saddlebags and reduce chafing.
- A buttock lift surgery alone can shape the butt and improve the curves of the hips for an attractive body shape.
- An arm lift addresses sagging skin from the upper portion of the arm that creates the “bat wing” appearance. Removing this excess skin gives the arms a slimmer and more toned appearance.
- An extended arm lift surgery may continue along the side of the chest to target excess skin and fat below the armpit.
“Thank you so much for all your help in making this very important decision. Your staff was very welcoming and so sweet. Your honesty is very refreshing and I look forward to soon scheduling my surgery!”
"I have had a few people tell me to check out other doctors with cheaper costs but am not interested at all. I am very insecure when it comes to certain parts of my body and i felt very comfortable and sure that I wanted you to do this surgery."
"I had gone too 2 diffrent locations , this place made me automatically made my mind up I had two recommendations from this place and I love the work they did on them , staff is very nice as well as the surgeon I love this place very pleased with my procedure."
Individual results may vary
The length of your recovery depends on the number and type of procedures you undergo. In general, you will experience bruising and swelling following your surgery. Special compression garments are worn to facilitate the healing process. You should avoid strenuous physical activity. Most people return to work within two weeks and can resume their regular activities, including exercise, after four to six weeks. While most swelling subsides by six weeks, more aggressive surgeries may take longer for your final result to develop.
When possible, incisions are placed in discreet locations to minimize visible scarring. However, due to the extensive correction that some patients require, a more extended incision may be needed to achieve your ideal results. This can lead to the development of visible scars. However, most people feel that the dramatic improvement is worth the marks, as they will fade over time.
Body Surgery Cost
The cost of your body contouring after massive weight loss will depend on the set of procedures chosen for your surgery and the extent of correction required. Dr. Andreasen will provide you with a detailed quote following your consultation and evaluation. Dr. Andreasen welcomes patients from all over Southern California including the Inland Empire, Riverside, Rancho Cucamonga, and Ontario areas.
It is typical to experience some discomfort in the first several days of your recovery. This is usually controlled by oral pain medication and resolves within the week.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know which body contouring procedure(s) I need?
Dr. Andreasen will evaluate your physical needs during your consultation and will make a recommendation for the best set of procedures for you. Since all surgeries are customized, we only suggest surgeries and techniques that will yield the best results. The cost of your body surgery will vary depending on your needs.
Is surgery after massive weight loss safe?
Your safety is our primary concern at Inland Breast and Body in Ontario. We ensure that you are a healthy candidate prior to surgery and help educate you about the body contouring surgery process. While there are some possible complications associated with surgery, most of these don’t pose significant health risks.
What are the possible complications associated with surgery?
Infection and hematoma are the most common risks associated with surgery. Other minor complications can include:
How soon after my weight loss can I undergo surgery?
You should be within 50 pounds of your goal weight and have maintained a stable weight for at least six months prior to surgery.
Dr. Andreasen is the premier plastic surgeon in the Inland Empire of SoCal
Troy J. Andreasen, M.D.
3333 Concours St Bldg #3
Ontario CA 91764
Follow Dr. Andreasen on all social networks